"We are but what the ground beneath our feet made us."
- King Malorick
The Great War of old changed no race quite like the Dwarves. They were known to be sturdy, strong, stalwart, and stubborn, but the race made the choice to flee underground to wait out the tide of war. After claiming the underground as their home, the Dwarves built an expansive empire. Their elaborate cities, built of stone, spread hundreds of miles and thousands of feet below Ki’mara.
As of recent their cities have begun to crumble. Due to degrading technological advancements and deteriorating devices from their ancestors they relied on, the Dwarves have been unable to rebuild where they once ruled unchallenged. This has incited the Dwarves we see on the surface to evacuate their former homes searching for ways to rebuild. The Dwarves who choose to come to the surface are immediately infected by "the fungus." “The fungus” is an inactive bacterial parasite that lives within all Dwarves, obtained originally when they built their first underground civilizations.
Relations with Other Races
- Amaran: They are our main allies on the surface. We share our technology and allow them to claim many inventions as their creations. This keeps the eyes of the world firmly fixed on them. While we slowly explore the surface making ready for the day we reclaim what is ours.
- Odun: Loudmouth braggarts descended from fishwives & drunks.
- Harena: Their spices are as varied as our opinion of them.
- Ecferus: They do not trust us. They believe that which they cannot see should not be trusted. They rebuke technology. They are primitives.
- Pallidus: They are the strong arms of those who can afford their services. Nothing more than thugs with good table manners.
- Balicai: We have no cities under the shifting sands of the new world. They have come with the Amarans to explore our roofs. I have seen them lend aid when asked to our people.
- Arachnis: Keep them creepy things away from us!